Please Remember Netiquette <snip> - details - add search motor ?

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Sun Aug 14 06:47:14 UTC 2005

matthew a écrit :
> J.Markoll Wrote:
>>You're OT! ;))
> ROTFL!!
> You are right. :D Oops.
:)
I'd like to point out it is not too necessary to provide many links
to Netiquette in a thread as it is often quite difficult to read
many and many pages on the net when life is full of things to do,
and so many things are waiting to be learned about Ubuntu Linux.

The following points that are not followed by all could be emphasized:
-answering under the preceeding message is more practicle for the
following persons who will read, and for those who will answer,
because we read from the high to the bottom and left to right; and
because when two or more answers are brought, the reading can fast
become confusing to keep the reading in good order.

-answering inside the body of the message by quoting correctly
according to what part of the message we are answering is perfect.

-suppressing all the parts we are not answering to and suppressing the
unuseful '>' the mail clients put, is very well to send the clearest
answers to be read by the other members of the list

-suppressing any ads, fortunes... coming from the preceeding signatures.

-send a message to bring the result when a problem is solved, and give
some details, in order to make the thread useful for the following
who will read in the archieves.(This point seems to me quite respected
generally, although).

BTW, it would be perfect is the archieves interface had a search motor.
Marc Search for example seems not bad to me.
J.Markoll.