permision denied to write in a partition mounted at startup

BKK ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Aug 14 02:21:53 UTC 2005

I searched the forum and found this place. Forgive me if it is the wrong
place to ask this. I am completly new to linux I am not sure what most
of the commands are used for etc. I have always been using windows and
had enough of their crap. I have Kubuntu installed. Problem is I can
not read any files on my hard drive...example word docs mp3
anything...

I have found what I am supposed to type into the etc/fstab. When I open
it with Kate I do not have permission to save the changes! Is there
another way to change the setting? My hard drive is NTFS

Thanks in advance

--
BKK