default acl for bind9

Raj Shekhar rajlist at rajshekhar.net
Sat Aug 13 22:57:15 UTC 2005

I installed  bind9 on my machine today to act as a caching nameserver.
I think by default bind installs with config options to act as a
caching-name server (hence I had to do nothing more than apt-get :-) ).
However, when I was reading through the bind manual
(http://www.bind9.net/manual/bind/9.3.1/Bv9ARM.ch03.html#AEN257)  I saw
that there is an "acl" directive which can be used to restrict the
domains from which bind allows the queries.

I did a ``grep -r acl /etc/bind/*`` but did not get back any results.
Shouldn't there be an "acl mydns { 127.0.0.1; };" line in the named.conf
file by default
--
Raj Shekhar
blog : http://rajshekhar.net/blog  home : http://rajshekhar.net