Verizon DSL

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Aug 13 19:18:23 UTC 2005

Rajiv Vyas wrote:

>Well it was well worth it for me too. The Verizon dude told me: "Oh
>linux!! You need a Windows or a Mac. We have this software that has
>scripts that start your DSL. It can't start without those scripts.
>Sorry!"
>Me: "So what do I do? Should I return the modem and cancel your service."
>Verizon: "Well you could buy a NEW Windows or Mac."

Sigh!

I have a fella in New Hampshire, US that was almost a Linux evangelist
until he decided that his ISP (Comcast is it?) wouldn't "support" Linux....

BAH!!

Why do these folks talk such rubbish to their customers??! This man had
a cable modem... it had an RJ45 connection out... as far as his XP
machine was concerned this was just a LAN connection... but could I
persuade him of that, and that Linux *would* work?? No... not a chance :-(

I am glad that I am in the UK!  This "pay loads for absolute bullsh!t"
just doesn't do it for me...

Sean