Verizon DSL

Rajiv Vyas rajiv1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 16:10:07 UTC 2005

On 8/13/05, Sean Sieger <sean.sieger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The DSL works super fast in my Windows XP dual boot. So, it means I
> > have the service and no major problems. Will give Linksys a call.
> > Thanks,
>
> I trust that call went well; you are welcome, Rajiv.

This thing might surprise most of you. At least it surprised me. I
configured XP with DSL - the second time with the help of Linksys tech
support guy in India. It took about 20 mins (it was worth it) as we
tried various things.

Finally, we changed the router setting from dynamic to static and now
I can get on the net even with Linux. No problem.

Just one question: how dangerous is static vs dynamic? What am I
scarifying or risking?

Thanks everyone.

rajiv