grub-install

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Fri Aug 12 21:54:07 UTC 2005

Magnus Therning a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:20:46AM +0200, Marek Pawinski wrote:
>>Is this possible i wonder ? I have multiple oses installed on my
>>machine and have now installed Mandriva beta
>>[...]
>[...]
> You'll have to edit it manually to add the Mandriva system.
> /M
I've got a Mandrake 10.1 installed before Ubuntu, thus the Grub of
Ubuntu that I installed on the MBR after Mandrake, replaced the preceeding.
Just behind, a copy of the lines concerning Mandrake in my
/boot/grub/menu.lst

If you use it as example to edit your /boot/grub/menu.lst, you'll have
to adapt and change the 'hdX' for the right partition numbers.
(hd0,0) for example, being the first partition on my only HDD.

$
[...]
> # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for an existing
> # linux installation on /dev/hda1.
> title           linux (on /dev/hda1)
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 ro acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent
> initrd          /boot/initrd.img
> savedefault
> boot
>

> # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for an existing
> # linux installation on /dev/hda1.
> title           linux-nonfb (on /dev/hda1)
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 ro acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5
> initrd          /boot/initrd.img
> savedefault
> boot
>

> # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for an existing
> # linux installation on /dev/hda1.
> title           failsafe (on /dev/hda1)
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 ro failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5
> initrd          /boot/initrd.img
> savedefault
> boot
$