Hauppauge WinTV-GO tuner with Ubuntu?

John Conover conover at rahul.net
Fri Aug 12 20:21:06 UTC 2005

c-m writes:

> > Can you disconnect the TV card's line output from the line input of
> > your sound card, and connect the sound card to another signal, (like
> > maybe the headphone output of your hi-fi?) If the sound works, then
> > the problem is in the TV card, if not, the sound card.
> >
> > If its in the TV card, re-connect the TV card, and hit the keypad '+',
> > (the one all the way to the right on the KB,) and see if xawtv says
> > "volume: xx%". (There is a similar volume control on tvtime, too, but
> > I can't remember what it is.)
> >

> plugged my mini disc into the line in and it plays fine. sound is
> already at full volume on xawtv and tvtime, so it must be something to
> do with the setup of the card.

Make sure the Line Level in your mixer is set to maximum, (only Line
and Volume Level will have an effect with the TV card.)

If that doesn't work, try connecting the TV Card's Line Out to your
stereo, etc.

If there is no sound in your stereo, then the TV card isn't working,
and as far as I know, there is no configuration for the card, (but I
could be wrong-just that I don't know about it.)

      John

--

John Conover, conover at rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/