Changing password to a keyring

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Aug 12 20:11:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 03:02:22PM -0400, Michael R Head wrote:

>> Sorry use *passwd* instead. Again I hope this helps you... I don't use
>> the GUI but I assume that you are using GnuPG.
>
>gnome-keyring doesn't use gpg, as far as I know. It creates password
>protected files in $HOME/.gnome2/keyrings/
>
>I have actually found a way in hoary, though it's a little tricky.
>
>0) install and run gnome-keyring-manager
>1) sign in to your default keyring
>2) select Keyrings/Open Keyring
>3) Click New
>4) type 'newdefault' and click create
>5) enter your new password
>6) open the newdefault keyring
>7) drag and drop all your keys from the old default to the newdefault
>8) Close your keyrings and go back to the keyring manager
>9) select the 'newdefault' keyring and click "Set as default"

Oh, that's ugly! I'll try it, but I hope that's being addressed at some
point.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Child pornography -- I never heard of it as a problem five years ago,
but now it's brought up constantly. I think it's the new Red-baiting.
The people in Burma don't understand how it is that we are focusing
our whole crypto policy on catching child pornographers. If you think
that cryptography is good for society you have to apologize and say
that you are against child pornography...  The fact that I even have
to say that is an indication of how effective this Red-baiting is... I
think that we can't let our civil liberties for the society at large
be determined by government policy towards a tiny segment of the
criminal population.
      -- Philip Zimmermann