Changing password to a keyring

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Aug 12 19:02:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 14:38 -0400, Hakim Singhji wrote:
> On 8/12/05, Hakim Singhji <hzs202 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > password
>
> Sorry use *passwd* instead. Again I hope this helps you... I don't use
> the GUI but I assume that you are using GnuPG.

gnome-keyring doesn't use gpg, as far as I know. It creates password
protected files in $HOME/.gnome2/keyrings/

I have actually found a way in hoary, though it's a little tricky.

0) install and run gnome-keyring-manager
1) sign in to your default keyring
2) select Keyrings/Open Keyring
3) Click New
4) type 'newdefault' and click create
5) enter your new password
6) open the newdefault keyring
7) drag and drop all your keys from the old default to the newdefault
8) Close your keyrings and go back to the keyring manager
9) select the 'newdefault' keyring and click "Set as default"

Hope that works for you...

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter