No Sound

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:56:31 UTC 2005

On 8/12/05, Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:

> I just set up a couple Thinkpad T22s which have the same chipset. The
> ALSA driver doesn't seem to like it, so I'm using the OSS driver.
>
> I changed 'cs46xx' to 'snd-cs46xx' in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/alsa-base
> and sound works just fine.
>
> Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
> burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter

I am considering purchasing a T22 used/refurb, and will want to install
Ubuntu. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How did the install/setup
go for you on the T22s?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu - Linux for Human Beings [Intelx86/AMD64/PowerPC]
www.ubuntulinux.org<http://www.ubuntulinux.org>