playing dvds from hard disk

James Livingston jrl at ids.org.au
Fri Aug 12 15:27:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 20:05 +0900, toyfactory wrote:
> This seems like a very stupid question, but...
>
> How do I play DVDs I've ripped using vobcopy -m?
>
> I have a complete copy of the DVD file structure in a folder on my hard
> disk.  I can play individual .vob files but I can't work how to play the
> whole DVD (menus, etc) in VLC, Totem, or MPlayer.

I'm not sure about the version of Totem than ships in Hoary, but the
version in Breezy will play them if you choose a file in the VIDEO_TS
directory and have the the necessary gstreamer plugins (or use
totem-xine). I think that the version in Hoary won't, but it's worth
trying.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
You're trying to trick me into being intelligent. It won't work.
    -- dpm in the monastry