Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L1300 Laptop

Jean Gruneberg kaosboss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:11:31 UTC 2005

Hi all

Quick question - anyone got Ubuntu on one of these?  Have
managed to get everything (screen / smb / printing to
windows network) working with thanks to all on the list for
pointers etc.

Only issue I have is with the gemtek WL-850F mini-PCI
adaptor.  It is known to work under slackware
http://ce-serv.et.tudelft.nl/~pazaid/personal/linux/wifi.html

However all combos of ndiswrapper etc have only served to
completely wonk my Ubuntu boot....

1st issue - get a 'can't update isl3886 firmware' during
boot (I connect to the net thru a windows proxy server). How
do i update firmware manually?

2nd issue - got the card as far as being WLAN0 once, it
scanned and found my access point but would not connect,
presumed it did not have a dhcp lease, reboot and everything
was gone again!  However it was around 2 am and can't
recreate the sequence to get back there again.

So anyone got this card going under ubuntu yet?  Wireless is
the last thing keeping windows on the laptop - help want to
get rid of it (windows!).

Jean