No Sound

Inhabitant of Zion inhabitantofzion at eml.cc
Fri Aug 12 06:42:10 UTC 2005

Hi

> Have you tried to plug the speakers/amp to all jacks? It is possible
> that the driver has rerouted the output.

Its actually got optical output so you can look at the back of it and
would be able to see one of them lite up if it was working.

I am going to change the card I think as even if its not dead it
clearly is not suported properly.

i need to buy a card with optical out that has a chipset with a driver
that is known to work with Hoary Hedgehog.

I want one that I can just fit, switch the computer on and it works.

If anybody knows of one they can recommend I would greatly appreciate
it. The Wiki lists supported sound cards but without a prior knowledge
of which have optical out its not much help and many of these computer
shops don't list in their adds what chipset is being used.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

--
  John Willby West Midlands GLASS rep
  Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 07:07:30 up 20:59,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.07, 0.06

--
  John Willby Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 07:42:09 up 26 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.25, 0.20, 0.10