No Sound

Inhabitant of Zion inhabitantofzion at eml.cc
Thu Aug 11 22:27:12 UTC 2005

Hi

I had an odd problem. just installed Ubuntu on my main computer and
don't have any sound. nada...

Its a Fortissimo II and runs a CS46xx chipset.

According to the wiki it should be detected and work fine.

It worked fine under Debian 3.1!

I have tried the obvious thinks like checking its not muted or that
some of the undesirable elements of alsa mixer are not switched on.

My next line of attack would be to make sure I am not missing
some vital package.

After that it comes the more serious stuff I guess.

My only other idea is that it has suddenly died for no apparent
reason.

I know  it may sound trivial but sound is really important on this
machine as I use it as my main stereo as it has a Yamaha surround
sound system rigged to it.

Any help gratefully received...

--
  John Willby West Midlands GLASS rep
  Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 19:20:07 up  9:11,  1 user,  load average: 0.36, 0.08, 0.03

--
  John Willby Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 23:27:10 up 13:18,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00