cannot write to new partition

Henning Sato von Rosen henning.von.rosen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:50:17 UTC 2005

Hi!

I cannot get write permissions on a newly formatted partition.

I formatted and mounted a former windows partition on my hard drive as
described in http://www.ubuntuguide.org/  - only problem is that when
I try write on the partitions, I get the following error:

"cp: cannot create regular file `/media/anime/test.txt': Permission denied"

With sudo, it works to write of course.

I get some hits when googling for this, but all of them seem to be for
more complex setups.
I also tried manipulating the mounting options, but it didn't help.

thanks for any help on this.
my fstab looks like this, where hda7 is the problematic partition:

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda8       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hda6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/hda7       /media/anime    ext3    defaults        0       2