Please Remember Netiquette <snip>

Hakim Singhji hzs202 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:04:43 UTC 2005

On 8/11/05, Arjan Geven <arjangeven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Especially in a newbie-friendly list like this, we cannot and should
> not expect people to really follow these guidelines. Nor should we
> care too much, anyway.

I understand that this is a newbie friendly list. However, I do not
think this is the best approach for newbies. I'm of the opinion that
the adaptation of certain guidelines allows for proper learning for
and preparation for non-newbie environments. C'mon you can't be a
newbie for ever.

For me that is like allowing someone to write *sloppy* C just because
they are learning. In the long run they may develop poor habits which
could have otherwise been avoided given a little initiative, hence my
OP.

BTW, I still consider myself a newbie, I'm still in college but I know
for me netiquette saves some time and annoyance. It also helps to
clearly objectify problems especially with gurus that don't have a lot
of time to decipher pages of nested text.

Best,

--
Hakim Singhji
hzs202 at nyu.edu