(Breezy) NICs all renamed

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Aug 11 13:58:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:04 -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> For some reason, one of the Breezy upgrades must have
> renamed all my network interfaces. Now eth0 (which used to
> be the wireless NIC) is eth1 (which used to be the wired
> NIC). This is quite annoying.
>
> Any idea which upgrade may have done this?

It'll have to be some change in hotplug or something hotplug depends on,
I think.

If you put your network drivers in /etc/modules, the order and names
will stay the same (for example, 'e100' followed by 'orinoco_pci' will
keep my thinkpad's wired NIC on eth0 and its wireless on eth1).

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter