Synaptic problem

David Andrew david at critical-learning.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 08:37:28 UTC 2005

I have reported this as a bug - but wondered if anyone else has had a
similar problem - or knows a solution.

When I open synaptic - get message that there is a broken package - list
- shows abiword-plugins-gnome as broken, click edit - fix broken
packages - says broken package fixed and marks it for upgrade.  If I
close synaptic - and reopen it I get the broken package message again.
If I upgrade the package the process appears to happen - no error
messages, but on completion it is still marked for upgrade - I cannot
upgrade other packages - I cannot remove abiword-plugins-gnome - I
cannot unmark it for upgrade.