Can't install smeg menu editor, dependancy problem.

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 22:15:27 UTC 2005

I'm running a hoary system, with the new not so editable gnome menus.  I
don't really want to try writing my own *.desktop files by hand, so
I'm trying to use synaptic to install smeg from hoary-backports.

Synaptic reports a dependency problem with python-xdg:  it needs version
>=0.14 but can only find 0.9 in the repositories.

I have hoary-backports enabled - main, universe, multiverse and
restricted - (otherwise I'd not find smeg at all), what have I missed?

Neil