[OT] sudo, why not su?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Aug 10 21:02:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:44:30PM +0200, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>On wo, 2005-08-10 at 21:39 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>
>> I don't have an admin group on my system!
>
>Clean hoary installs should have one. Warty-upgraded-to-hoary installs
>not.

Well. One of my Ubuntu systems (both installed from the same Hoary
install CD) did not. I just created it manually though.

>> I based my setup on the following:
>>  http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-wheel
>
>Ubuntu is not Debian. Although they are closely related, Ubuntu differs
>in a few areas. Of which this is probably the best example :)

True! Ubuntu is not Debian. However since it's based on Debian, and
Debian has such a wealth of good and well organised documentation I tend
to look things up there.

Is there any exhaustive list of differences somewhere?

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The condition of the free man is that he does not live for the benefit of
another.
     -- Aristotle