When I add an new Profile for a Gnome Terminal all the earlier Terminal Windows are changed.

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Aug 10 20:42:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:52:14AM +0200, van den Berg, André wrote:
>Hello,
>

>When I add an new Profile for a Gnome Terminal all the earlier Terminal
>Windows are changed.
>The Title and coulors becomes the same as the added profile.
>I am completely new to UBUNTU.
>And my Linux-knowledge is minimum.
>Can Anyone help me?

I can't reproduce that behaviour on my Hoary box.

Edit->Profiles... throws up a dialogue that lets me add new profiles.
Adding one, basing it on Default, and then editing it changes only the
current terminal. Before closing the main dialogue I make sure that
Default still is the profile used when launching a new terminal.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

BTW, I learned a lovely new acronym today: "Law Enforcement Agency
Key" -- LEAK.
      -- Charles H. Lindsey