[OT][was] sudo, why not su? - Why keep Synaptic

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Wed Aug 10 15:28:46 UTC 2005

Derek Broughton a écrit :
> Not sure what interesting piece of Gnometry installed that for me but it has
> to be one of the dependencies of synaptic...  It'll be gone soon, since I
> still haven't found a reason to keep synaptic around :-)
You can take a few minutes once in a while to browse all the packages
available from the diverse repositories you've configured, and read
about the use of this and that. As you configure Synaptic to display
in a column which repository each package comes from, you have the
complete information always at hand.
That's a way to discover applications and tools offline, for exemple,
additionnally to the other features.
Installed-Size: 4756
Not that heavy is it ? :)
J.Markoll