opinions on printer and a raid controller needed

MrKnisely mrknisely at mrknisely.is-a-geek.org
Wed Aug 10 00:46:27 UTC 2005

I won't rehash the hardware, Mr. Hunt did a great job on that.

As for Ubuntu as a server, I'm not sold that it's the best, but it's a
lot better than may of the other distros.

The default install give you Gnome.  Whild I like the enviroment, it
hogs resurces better given to the server processes.  It also tosses on
OpenOffice and other unnecessary apps.

There is a "server" install of Ubuntu which is a minimal install.  That
seems to be pretty good, though I would like some more options durring
the install to customize the server.  In all, I think it's pretty
solid.  I'd like to spend some more time working with it.

Hope this helps!

MrKnisely