is ubuntu suitable for computer without internet connection..

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Tue Aug 9 21:08:07 UTC 2005

Al Gordon schrieb:
> This is the best answer I've seen so far to this question.

thanks :-)

> There are Hoary DVDs available via bittorrent download.  Links are at
> http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/5.04/ , under "Install/live
> DVD".

Aah there they are! Thanksfor the link.
Unfortunately, from reading the description it looks as if only the
ubuntu "main" archive is included on the official DVD. This can be
sufficient, but from my experience you always need more things from the
universe repo.

But I just found that someone from the ubuntu community has made 3 DVDs
for Hoary main, universe and multiverse:

Building Ubuntu DVD images
http://cargol.net/~ramon/ubuntu-dvd-en

cheers,
Guido