Installing Windows

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 20:29:02 UTC 2005

Gabriel a écrit :
> Hello! I have to dualboot with Windows now to be able to play some
> games.
Diverse games can be used under Linux, with Wine (winesetuptk)
What games do you play ?

> So I need to make some space for windows on my main reiserFS
> partition (or maybe it's ext3). How do I do that?
You have to save your datas, install Windows, then reinstall
Ubuntu behind.

> And how do I make windows NOT overwrite my MBR? I wanna be able to pick
> windows in my grub.
When you'll reinstall Ubuntu, Grub will take both systems in charge.
Another solution is to install Windows on a second hdd then do mapping
to make Windows belief he's in the first place.

> Thanks"!
I don't know about other solutions. In any case if it is possible,
you would have to reinstall Grub on the MBR afterwards, as Windows
will delete it from the MBR.
J.Markoll.