Network connection

David Andrew david at critical-learning.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 16:23:01 UTC 2005

I have and ADSL service which I connect to via a router - I can connect
by a wireless connection or ethernet cable and tend to use the latter as
ti tends to be a bit quicker. Also on the wireless network is a Mac
which has not problems, and i can also connect to my neighbours router
on a different ISP via wireless - there is no problem with that
connection.

With my connection - I can not connect to a number of websites - for
example search engines, new.bbc.co.uk and some others - and it is often
a very slow connection.

I can ping the websites - but if I traceroute then the route appears to
get to the ISP but no further.

it is clearly a problem with this computer running Ubuntu and the ADSL
connection to my ISP - what should I check in my set-up