e17 install cvs

Steve Torrefranca javacide at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:17:14 UTC 2005

>hi, i guess you could install the snapshot-debs from soulmachine.net
>they are always pretty recent and somewhat guaranteed to build

I have checked the stuff from soulmachine and most of them were built
07-18-2005.  Unfortunately there are numerous fixes/changes last week
alone.

I think getting it from the CVS is still the best way.  There is a
script here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=205028&postcount=81

that downloads the sources and tries to build and install them for you.
of course not all would compile successfully using this script (like in
my case e_modules and eclair - never) but you can manually compile those
that didnt  or get those from nooms/soulmachine - tough I am not sure if
that would be a good idea. so when i run the script i always use -c
switch and list down those that did not compile and do it myself.  well
at least its lesser work.  sorry i am not a C or C++ programmer so I
dont know how to batch compile :(

just an opinion.

steve

--
Steve Ong Torrefranca
http://www.on-tvmall.com.tw

"Spring in Action" another well spent money