[OT] sudo, why not su?

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 15:04:38 UTC 2005

David Woyciesjes a écrit :
> sean at seanmiller.net wrote:
>> This should be the case, but do remember that if you do multiple sudo
>> commands there's a 5 minute period during which you don't have to
>> re-enter
>> the password... so in a Ubuntu-esque scenario where you've decided to
>> give
>> absolute power to the user that particular security risk is still there.
>     True, but it does time-out. So the risk is limited, compared to
> using 'su'.
[...]
I've seen on the Wiki that it's also possible to configure the time
while the sudo password is valid. From the default which is 15 minutes,
it seems, and not 5 minutes, to no delay, or as long as we want.
Stop me if I mistake somewhere.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo?highlight=%28sudo%29

Ah a new page it seems:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UsingSudo?highlight=%28sudo%29