VPN Recommendation

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Tue Aug 9 13:07:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, August 8, 2005 2:15 pm, Paul O'Malley said:
> Jack Jackson wrote:
>
>> Anyone using a good free VPN Client?
>>

> The best one I have found is OpenVPN. Look no further.

Just to be clear, is OpenVPN a client, server, or both?  I am looking for
a VPN client so that I can connect to my employer's network remotely from
my Ubuntu laptop.  The Windows VPN client that we use is Contivity, whose
Readme.txt file says:

"The Contivity VPN Client is a Windows
application that lets you create and store
connection information for tunneling into an
Extranet Access Switch connected to a remote
corporate network.  The Contivity VPN Client
uses the IPsec protocol with the ISAKMP/Oakley
Key Exchange protocol to authenticate and
secure an end-to-end connection into a remote
network."

Is OpenVPN what I'm looking for?  If not, does anyone know what I might use?

--
Jason Voegele
"There is an essential core at the center of each man and woman that