Network printer

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Tue Aug 9 01:04:05 UTC 2005

On ma, 2005-08-08 at 20:44 -0400, Keith Hamilton wrote:
> How do I get my network printer working? My printer is on my windows
> network and I cant seem to figure out how to set it up in Ubuntu.

Go to the menu item System -> administration -> printing
Doubleclick on 'New Printer'
Choose 'Network printer' and select 'Windows printer (SMB)' from the
list.
Enter the IP address and name of the printer (the name you gave to the
shared printer on the windows machine) and if needed the login details.
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org