macromedia shockwave and flash plugins

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Mon Aug 8 18:43:35 UTC 2005

Hi there!

I guess you have bad luck with Flash-Plugin for PowerPC. Macromedia
doesn't compile Flash for Power-PC Linux. And from what I learned today
I guess I know why, if Flashplayer is written in C++ and uses some fency
Datatypes, like int,.. or even worse a network connection ;-)
There is a flashplayer in the repositories, but this more a bug than a
player so my Firefox crashes on nearly every page that got flash
installed. So I got this bad luck too as you see, with my Powerbook G3
Pismo.

Sorry I ain't got better news for you, so I would be happy too if flashh
would run in my Maschine ;-)

MFG,

RG