Webcam & Printer recommendations

Daniel Coquette daniel.coquette at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:07:04 UTC 2005

2005/8/8, Thomas Kaiser (ubuntu) <ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li>:

> Martin Sieradzki wrote:
>
> >1. A webcam: Which would you recommend? Which will run in ubuntu without
> >problems?

I've purchased a Philips ToUCam II Pro and Ubuntu detect and use it
out-fo-the-box :). The Image and the sound works great !
A friend of mine purchased a Logitech Quickcam Messenger and we need to
compile and install a driver. But it works pretty well (unable to modify
contrast and other things) and the sound works.

> Check this site http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html for supported
> webcams. You have to compile the module from source, but this goes
> without problems in Ubuntu.
>
> Look for a cam with VGA resolution (640x480).
>
> Regards, Thomas

Daniel