[OT] sudo, why not su?

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Mon Aug 8 13:04:16 UTC 2005

John Nilsson a écrit :
> On mån, 2005-08-08 at 09:05 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

>> No, it's not possible to have su ask for the calling user's password.
> I've reread the thread and I still don't get why "sudo su" isn't what
> you want.
[...]
> I'm continuing this thread for the simple reason that I am realy curious
> to why I don't understand what you want.
> /John
I think at first nobody understood as he didn't want to _do_ something,
but wanted _to know something_: to know if in any way it was possible to
make 'su' act as 'sudo', so that 'su' would call for a user password.
Once he got the answer: "no, in no way it is possible", the question he
asked was solved.
J.Markoll.