Gnome Modem Monitor applet demands a password - can I stop this?

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 13:34:39 UTC 2005

I'm currently setting up Hoary on a machine for a friend who is still
using dialup.  I've set the Modem Monitor panel applet up to control the
connection.  (Previously he was using Modem Lights under Warty.)

The new applet asks for a password before connecting.  As my friend is
paying a flat rate per month rather than by the minute, he doesn't
really need a 'safety lock' on his connection.

Is there any way that I can turn this behaviour off?

Neil