Printing to Window XP Printer

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Aug 5 22:14:37 UTC 2005

 > I am unable to connect to WinXP printer.

The key is to have the linux drivers on your system.

Then I can't remember if I used the printer setup tool(I think I did it
this way and just had to enter the IP of the windows machine and the
shared printer name) or just browsed the network and right clicked on
the shared windows printer to add it, and when it asked what kind of
printer, I clicked on the Add button and pointed to the driver file.

If its a common printer the drivers might already be there though.
One catch, make sure on the windows machine that you open the security
enough. I can't remember if you can specify a user/pass in the Ubuntu
config.

Alex