Problems with Thunderbird and Enigmail

srijith ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Aug 5 16:16:52 UTC 2005

With the latest enigmail, I am not able to use PGP/MIME though clearsign
works ok. Enabling debug gets me these details:

> 2005-08-05 15:29:17.120 failed to SendMsg: [Exception... "Component
> returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)
> [nsIMsgCompose.SendMsg]"  nsresult: "0xc1f30001
> (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)"  location: "JS frame ::
> chrome://enigmail/content/enigmailMsgComposeOverlay.js ::
> enigGenericSendMessage :: line 1616"  data: no]

Another peculiarity I noticed is that even if I disable 'quoted
printable' in the preference, after I try unsuccessfully to send a
PGP/MIME email, this gets enabled again.

Asking for help in the enigmail mailing list got me this reply "please
report that behaviour to the ubuntu maintainers, it seems to be a
distribution specific issue with components registration."

Can anyone reproduce this problem?

--
srijith