Evolution : How to set an 'alarm' for an event ?

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Aug 5 13:42:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 08:15 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> Hello Evolution gurus,
>

> I just received a letter from the electricity provider. They warn me
> that in 2 weeks (Thursday 18th August), they will be working on the
> network between 14h00 and 16h30, during which I can expect power cuts of
> course. Since I am very sure that I will forget about it, I was
> wondering how I could use Ubuntu to remind me of this event, say in the
> morning of that day, and thought Evolution might be able to do that.
> I have only used Evolution for my basic e-mail needs so far... could
> someone explain to me how to set up an alarm then ? Is it possible at
> all ? What kind of 'alarm' are available ? Can I receive an e-mail
> reminder, or a pop-up message with a text of my own in it ?

1) Open Evolution
2) File/New/Appointment
3) Enter a summary: "Network Outage! Run to local Internet Cafe!"
4) select the start and end date and time
5) Enable the alarm by ticking the box to the left of 'Alarm' (that's
how it's displayed in the US locale, anyway)
6) Click customize for a variety of reminder options.

hope that helps,
mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter