New User.

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Thu Aug 4 21:07:20 UTC 2005

Senectus . a écrit :
> On 8/4/05, Brendan Tobin <bctobin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I have recently installed Ubuntu version 5.04 and I quite enjoy
>>working with it. However I would like to know what the default root
>>password is. It does allow me to set the root password and I have
>>tried reinstalling it as well. The only password that I may set is for
>>a user that I added during installation.
>>Your help with this will really be appreciated.
> This is a VERY common question, and if you did a quick search through
> the wiki or FAQ you'd find the answer..
> Ubuntu uses "sudo" instead of root.
> the password is the password you entered for your user.
> There IS a way to activate the root password but try doing the sudo
> way for a while.. you'll get used to it quickly.
Hello,
Something very common too for very new, newbies, is not knowing how to
search the right way, at the right place for one given problem.
That's the way it was for me just one year and a half ago.
What about a 'how-to search for' that all older/or really professional
users could point to each time as necessary ? it could contain the links
to a few answers only, and the the link to the search page of the wiki,
plus links to search package pages, and site map.
Best greetings, J.Markoll.