I cannot login in after a fresh install, don't know root password, and it never asked me to create a user

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Thu Aug 4 19:26:12 UTC 2005

Paul O'Malley wrote:

> In the commercial world it is normal that root is not used just sudo. Why?
> Because sudo can be set to log every command (this is default behaviour)
> and /var/log/auto.log* is great proof of this.

I beg to differ.  I've been admistrating *NIX systems for over 25
years.  SUDO is a fairly recent addition.  I'm not saying its a
good thing or a bad thing, just that I'm more used to using an
actually root account because it was that way loooooooong before
sudo came along.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown