Compile PHP with some extensions

Dennis Shaw dennis at dragondeveloper.com
Thu Aug 4 18:45:49 UTC 2005

You would need to recompile so that configure will find it, but why
don't you just use the php packages instead? If you use the Synaptic
package manager, you can search for php4 and install whatever modules
you need. This is much easier to install and maintain doing it this way.

Dennis

Celson Aquino wrote:
>>sudo apt-get install zziplib-bin
>>

> Great! Please tell me the following: after I apt-get the zziplib-bin
> above, will my PHP be ready to generate zip files, or I will need to
> recompile PHP in order to have it?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>

> 2005/8/4, Dennis Shaw <dennis at dragondeveloper.com>:
>
>>sudo apt-get install zziplib-bin
>>
>>It's in Universe (utilities)
>>
>>Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
>>
>>>Do you mean this command.
>>>
>>> sudo apt-cache search php
>>>
>>>Its amazing what apt can do :)
>>>
>>>If the package isn't there you'll have to give a bit more info.
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>
>>>Marc

>>--

Dennis Shaw
System Administrator/Programmer/Webmaster
dragondeveloper.com