php4-mysql missing in Ubuntu?

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:10:32 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Al Gordon <runlevel7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's in the Ubuntu universe repository.
>
> I wonder if, perhaps, Sebastian was commenting to the fact that if
> something is in the Universe repository, it's not officially supported
> by Ubuntu.

Yes. It was not a technical question, was more from phylosophical
point of view. If you want to setup a LAMP server, you CAN NOT do it
using only Ubuntu packages (since you need php4-mysql package). So you
can't deploy a fully supported LAMP server in Ubuntu :(

--
web sin popups ni spyware: Usa Firefox en lugar de Internet
Explorer</a>