about installing packages

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 4 15:57:53 UTC 2005

J.Markoll wrote:

> Derek Broughton a écrit :
> | I'll be darned if I
> | can figure out any way to get it to tell me what came from what
> | repository.

> You must configure it, with colours of your choice.
> Louch Synaptic, Menu Categories/Preferences tab colours.

Been there, done that - there's no preference selection to color packages
from any particular repository.

> | For most packages it shows me a little ubuntu icon in the second column,
> | and it doesn't show that for the ones I _know_ didn't come from
> ubuntu, but
> | it also doesn't seem to show it for any packages with multiple
> | candidates.

> That's de default configuration :)

_What_ is the default configuration?  There's no clear reason why some
packages show an ubuntu icon and others don't.  There's no obvious
documentation to suggest even what that icon means.
--
derek