php4-mysql missing in Ubuntu?

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:11:22 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> On do, 2005-08-04 at 11:40 -0300, Sebastian Bassi wrote:
> > It seems php4-mysql is not an official Ubuntu supported package.
> > Does it means that I can't run php apps that conect to MySQL DBs? (of
> > course, if I add more repositories I could make it work, but I want to
> > have a Ubuntu-only system).
>
> It's in the Ubuntu universe repository.

I wonder if, perhaps, Sebastian was commenting to the fact that if
something is in the Universe repository, it's not officially supported
by Ubuntu.

>From the "Universe" section of http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/components:
All of this software is compiled against the libraries and using the
tools that form part of main, so it should install and work well with
the software in main, but it comes with no guarantee of security fixes
and support.

--

  -- AL --