is there anyway to for me to allow another user to login same timeas me

trash ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 4 14:28:26 UTC 2005

Jim Richardson Wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 14:14 -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:[color=blue]

> Applications->System Tools->New Login

> when they log out of that, you get dumped back into the X session you

> were in when you selected that menu item. Or you can leave that login

> active as well, and switch between them, via the ctrl-alt-f7 and

> ctrl-alt-f8 keyboard combinations.

> --

> Jim Richardson http://www.eskimo.com/~warlock

> Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.

This works very nicely, although i'm not sure why but I am not able to
switch back and forth between Xsessions. Could it be because the second
user was created with the 'default' setting? I did notice that there is
'default', 'desktop' and 'admin' setting when creating the user, but
there is no option to modify after the fact.

--
trash