Skype sound

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Thu Aug 4 13:43:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:56:29AM +0100, Paul O'Malley wrote:
> Johann Spies wrote:
>
> >I could not get Skype's sound working properly on two (hoary) laptops:
> >IBM R31 and Sahara G200B.  On both the other side could hear me but I
> >get a distorted sound.

> I mention it for what its worth.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SkypeHowto/
>
> the reference to the kde package might be of use

I have tried that one already.  I have also tried using the
polypaudio- and libesd0-alsa-packages or running skype on KDE but the
Skype sound is still unusable.  Otherwise the sound is OK.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also;
      knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And
      patience, experience; and experience, hope."
                                        Romans 5:3,4