TwinView: Extend Panel over both monitors

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 01:22:55 UTC 2005

On 8/3/05, Thomas Kaiser <thomas at kaiser.linux-site.net> wrote:
> Darryl Clarke wrote:
>
> >That depends on _how_ your twinview is setup.
> >

> Section "Device"
>     Identifier    "NVIDIA Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
> #    Driver        "nv"
>     Driver        "nvidia"
>     VendorName    "nVidia Corporation"
>     BoardName    "NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
> #    Option        "NoLogo" "True"
>     Option        "TwinView" "on"
>     Option        "UseEdidFreqs" "1"
>     Option        "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024"
>     Option        "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
>     BusID        "PCI:1:0:0"
> EndSection
>
> >search the mail archive for details
> >
> Where is the right place to search the mail archive?
> If I go to http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/ I only have
> monthly summeries, not a good option to search the whole archive.

Your config looks fine for spanning.

When I installed Ubuntu for the first time the default panels (top and
bottom) both spanned right across my "1600x1200, 1600x1200" meta mode
screen.

Is the 'expand' option set for the panels? (right click a panel and
check the properties)

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com