MUA

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Wed Aug 3 18:09:50 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 17:36, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Andy Choens wrote:
> > On 8/2/05, Michael Louie Loria <michaellouieloria at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I need a MUA that pop-ups up a window whenever an email is received.
> >> Similar to yahoo messenger whenever a message is received.
> >
> > kmail
>
> You're kidding me?  I've been using kmail for years - how do I configure
> this?

KMail uses KDE's standard KNotify system, so you can make it play sounds,
popup messages, run programs, or pretty much anything else you want as a
result of events like new mail.  I think you have similar options for mail
filters.  Note that you also could do stuff like this in KDE via dcop or
KBiff, even if KMail didn't directly provide the feature.

Configure->Accounts->Other Actions

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com