how to make a python script run at startup

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Wed Aug 3 18:05:31 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 17:34, mustafa wrote:
> i use gnome.
> i want a python script to run at startup in the terminal.
> i entered the command in system--->prefferennces---->sessions
> but i could not choose start in terminal cuz the option was not there.
> btw if this helps its a python script to automate management of mencoder
> Queues. it my very own and i really want to work.
> i have a power problem where i live so its essential that the script
> start automatically on restart.

Start a terminal with the specific python script as a command from
your .xsession file.  Alternatively, I think konsole allows you to set a
certain terminal profile, so that the session manager knows the profile it
was left at, and restarts it with the same profile if you just log out and in
again.  Perhaps gnome-terminal does something similar.

> also this is off topic but is there any way i can set the priority(nice
> value) of the scrpit(using a command or using some code in the python
> source

See the manpage for renice, or os.nice() in python.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com