about installing packages

R S Gill rsgill at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 3 17:06:46 UTC 2005

In my view,

Aptitude has one thing going for it that neither Synaptic nor apt-get
have. When you remove a package using Aptitude, it removes the package
AND all of the unused dependencies of the package being removed. I think
this is far more elegant and easy than say running debfoster to remove
cruft that has built up over time.

Now if only we could have a nice Gnome/KDE GUI to Aptitude.......

Gill