TwinView: Extend Panel over both monitors

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:21:17 UTC 2005

On 8/2/05, Thomas Kaiser <thomas at kaiser.linux-site.net> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> How can I extend the Gnome panels that they go from the left site of the
> first monitor all the way to the right side of the second monitor?
>
> Thanks for advice
>
> Thomas

That depends on _how_ your twinview is setup.

If they are being treated as two individal screens side by side (and
you can't move windows between them!) it's impossible to have the
gnome panel expand across the two.

If they are spanned using metamodes (treating both monitors as one big
screen, search the mail archive for details, this has been brought up
many times) and both monitors are the same resolution, the panel(s)
will expand if you set it's properties to do so.

Personally though, I found it very annoying to have panels spanned
across both, so I always end up disabling the 'expand' option and
setting them how I like them on my primary monitor.

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com